- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup warm water
- Tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- Assorted vegetable toppings (such as bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach, cherry tomatoes)
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Dried oregano
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Calories: Around 250-300 calories per serving
Carbohydrates: Approximately 35-40 grams
Protein: Around 10-15 grams
Fat: Approximately 5-8 grams
Fibre: Around 4-6 grams
Please note that these values may vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities used in the recipe.
- In a bowl, dissolve the honey and yeast in warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour and salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients until they form a dough. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Punch down the dough and roll it out into your desired pizza crust shape and thickness.
- Transfer the crust onto a greased baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce or marinara sauce evenly over the crust.
- Top with your favourite vegetable toppings and sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese. Add a sprinkle of dried oregano for extra flavour.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Slice and serve hot.
A guilt-free pizza experience with our Homemade Veggie Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust and Assorted Toppings.
This delightful recipe not only satisfies your cravings but also offers numerous health benefits. The whole wheat crust provides a good source of fibre, promoting healthy digestion and keeping you feeling full and satisfied. Topped with a colorful array of vegetables, such as bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and cherry tomatoes, this pizza packs a powerful punch of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
These nutrients contribute to overall well-being, supporting a strong immune system, healthy skin, and optimal cellular function. By choosing homemade pizza, you have full control over the ingredients, allowing you to reduce unhealthy fats and sodium often found in commercial pizza options. So, gather your loved ones, enjoy the process of creating your own pizza masterpiece, and savor the taste of a delicious, nutrient-packed meal that nourishes both your body and your taste buds.