Introducing our Chickpea Curry recipe perfect for healthy eating during Menopause! Packed with aromatic spices and nutritious ingredients, this hearty dish is not only delicious but also specially crafted to support women during the menopause phase. Chickpeas, known for their high phytoestrogen content, are cooked to perfection in a fragrant blend of turmeric, cumin, and coriander, providing a natural plant-based source of hormonal support.
This curry offers a vibrant medley of flavours, with the spices lending their warming and anti-inflammatory properties. The combination of chickpeas and whole grains like brown rice or quinoa provides a satisfying balance of protein, fibre, and complex carbohydrates. These nutrients help stabilize blood sugar levels, promote satiety, and support overall well-being during this transitional phase.
Indulge in this wholesome and nourishing Menopause Chickpea Curry to not only enjoy a delightful meal but also harness the power of phytoestrogens in supporting hormonal health. It’s a simple yet satisfying dish that brings comfort and balance to your menopausal journey.
Benefits of Chickpeas and Turmeric
Chickpeas and turmeric are two powerhouse ingredients that offer numerous health benefits. Let’s delve into their remarkable properties and how they can support your well-being during the menopause phase.
Also known as garbanzo beans, Chickpeas are a rich source of plant-based protein, fibre, and complex carbohydrates. These nutrients help stabilize blood sugar levels, promote digestive health, and provide a sustained release of energy. Additionally, chickpeas contain phytoestrogens, plant compounds that have a similar structure to oestrogen and may help balance hormone levels in women going through menopause. These phytoestrogens may contribute to reduced menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes and mood swings.
Turmeric, a vibrant yellow spice commonly used in Indian cuisine, contains an active compound called curcumin. Curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help combat inflammation, support joint health, and boost immune function. It has also been studied for its potential to alleviate symptoms related to hormonal imbalances, including reducing the severity of hot flashes and improving mood.
By incorporating chickpeas and turmeric into your diet, such as in our Menopause Chickpea Curry recipe, you can benefit from their nutritional prowess and harness their potential to support hormone balance, reduce inflammation, and promote overall well-being during the menopause journey.
Chickpea Curry – Menopause Support
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Onion (1), finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- Diced tomatoes (1 Can)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa for serving
Servings = 4
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: Approximately 300 calories
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 5g
- Fibre: 12g
Enjoy this nourishing and flavourful Chickpea Curry, rich in phytoestrogens, for a satisfying meal during menopause.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) or 400°F (350°F fan).
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them horizontally, leaving one edge intact to create a pocket.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the spinach leaves to the pan and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked spinach and crumbled feta cheese.
- Stuff the spinach and feta mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast with your choice of side dishes like steamed vegetables or quinoa.
This Chickpea Curry recipe offers a delicious and nutritious way to incorporate the health benefits of chickpeas and turmeric into your diet. With its robust flavours, protein-rich chickpeas, and the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, this dish not only satisfies your taste buds but also supports your overall well-being.
Therefore the combination of aromatic spices and wholesome ingredients creates a comforting and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Serve it over brown rice or quinoa for added fibre and a complete protein source. Embrace the vibrant colours, enticing aromas, and nourishing qualities of this dish as you savour each mouthful.
By adding this recipe into your menu, you can explore the culinary wonders of plant-based nutrition and experience the benefits of these superfoods for yourself. Enjoy the journey of vibrant flavours and enhanced health with this delightful Chickpea Curry recipe.